As a reminder, tenants of Advantage Property Management are responsible for their lawn maintenance.
We’ve hit the months where lawns can quickly outgrow us if we’re not on top of them, so here are a few tips to ensure you’re in the clear:
- Keep your yard free of trash and debris – Large branches or other items that are not meant to be mowed can cause permanent damage to your mower. Keep the yard clear of these so that you or a hired service can quickly get your grass down to an appropriate height.
- Cut at a higher length – It’s usually a good idea to keep around 3 inches of grass on the lawn so that it can correctly grow, spread, and flourish.
- Pull down anything growing on the home or structures directly – This is important because it can cause damage to paint, or promote rot, pests, and other things that are not healthy for structures.
- Keep bushes trimmed – If you prune them regularly, the exterior should always remain green. If you let them grow excessively, then when you go to cut them back, they may just show bare branches.
- Water your lawn – When it hasn’t rained for a few days, your lawn and flowerbeds may get thirsty. With hot and humid weather in Memphis, we need to ensure our plants have plenty to drink!